06 February, 2011

Scrabble

Oh hai guys!
First off, apologies for not having blogged all year! It's been a while since I skipped an entire month I think. =S
Anyway, I've been going through some of my old writing (ugh, it sucks) and I found the piece of writing that I'm going to share with you today.
I'm not sure exactly what it is or the circumstances in which I wrote it but it seems to be some kind of plan. I think maybe it is a plan for a screen-play rather than a novel. Anyway I thought it was kinda cute so you get to read it!
It's a bit random and silly but I'd still appreciate comments or whatever, thanks!
♥Nancy♬
(P.S. I plan to write something new for whenever I next blog. Keep an eye out just in case it's good!)
EDIT: OMG you guys I just thought of the coolest idea! Once you've read this story, leave me a comment with a witty comment about Scrabble! I know no one will really do this but I thought it would be cool to ask anyway...
Scrabble
A girl (the main character) asks a guy to come and play Scrabble with her friends that weekend. He accepts.
At her house, they finish the game of Scrabble. The guy wins the game, and the others invite him to join their regular game.
They play Scrabble again and again, with a different person winning each time. The other boy and girl grow closer together.
One game they are not there, and it is just the girl and the guy playing alone. During their conversation, they say that this is because the others are on a date together.
The next game they are both there again, being all cute-couple-y and looking at each others letters.
Then the next game the girl storms in late angry with the guy because he cheated on her, forgot her birthday, dumped her or something else equally bad. He follows her in and they are both yelling at each other.
The others watch, and the girl says ‘promise me that we won’t ruin our friendship by getting romantically involved’ or something like that. The boy looks shocked and a bit disappointed because he loves her. ‘Promise me’ she says, and he agrees.
Then the next time they play Scrabble, on their own again because the other girl and guy refuse to be together, he asks her to marry him.
She gets very angry and storms off.
He comes to play Scrabble again, but on the board is spelled out ‘I HATE YOU’ in Scrabble letters.
It is her wedding and she receives a card. It is blank, but then she opens it and there is a photograph of a Scrabble board with ‘I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU’ spelled out. She rips it in half.
Then it is Christmas and her children open a package that turns out to be a game of Scrabble. ‘You got them Scrabble?’ she says to her husband. He says ‘yes, it’s a present for you as well.’
She goes to another room and opens a drawer, and there is the ripped up card from her wedding day, as well as a whole pile of ripped up Scrabble-picture cards.
She says ‘I have to go’ to her family, and leaves the house. Then she goes and finds the man and shows him all the ripped up cards and says something witty about Scrabble.
And then they are in love, live happily ever after, and play lots of Scrabble together.

2 comments:

Seamus said...

(you're practically begging for puns here :P )
I think she just wanted to be away from him for a short... spell... XD

Really, he should've just sent her a... letter... or two XD

Lee said...

A quick story about Scrabble =

On an internet forum, the users use the word Scrabble as the word for having sex. I just read your post, reading it in that manner =P